snake's head fritillary bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture-retentive soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/6
Pretty, pendent, white and pinkish-purple bells with distinctive checkerboard markings on slender stems in April and May. These delightful snake's head fritillaries are perfect for naturalising in a moist woodland edge or wildflower garden. It's essential to select a site where the soil remains moist in summer.
- Garden care: Plant 12cm (5in) deep from September to November in fertile, well-drained soil, taking care not to damage the fragile bulbs.