Eventual height & spread
13cm pot grown bedding - delivered direct by a British nursery
- sold out
- 8 × 13cm pots
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Please note: Once these bedding plants have been ordered, we are not able to cancel or amend the order.
The small, pendent, violet and cerise flowers of this pretty, upright fuchsia contrast beautifully with the lime-green foliage. Flowering from June to October, it makes an eye-catching specimen or container plant for a sunny or lightly shaded spot that's protected from cold, drying winds. Grown in individual 13cm pots, these plants are ready to be planted out once all risk of frost has passed.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young fuchsias after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Protect the roots with a generous layer of mulch in autumn, or move potted plants to a sheltered position in the garden during the worst of the winter weather.