- in stock
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- in stock
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy ( may need winter protection)
One of the hardier fuchsias, this one will survive outside in sheltered gardens throughout the year, especially if tucked in with a generous layer of mulch in autumn. It is a bushy, upright, deciduous shrub, which produces slender, green-tipped, white flowers that appear to drip from the stems for several months throuout summer and autumn. Providing long lasting interest, it is perfect for mixed or shrub borders, and will even make an attractive, informal hedge.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Protect the roots with a generous layer of mulch in autumn, or move potted plants to a sheltered position in the garden during the worst of the winter weather.