trailing hardy fuchsia
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Fill your pots and hanging baskets with this wonderful trailing fuchsia and enjoy the wonderful bi-coloured blooms all through the summer. A strong-growing plant, its flowers have a rounded appearance, and the petals change from deep inky purple to rich violet as they mature.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Protect the roots with a generous layer of mulch in autumn, or move potted plants to a sheltered position in the garden during the worst of the winter weather.