Fuchsia 'Tom Thumb'
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or loam-based potting compost)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (borderline)
Masses of small, pendent, red and mauve flowers from June to October and deep green leaves. This single-flowered, dwarf fuchsia makes an ideal container plant for a partially shady site, protected from cold, drying winds. An extremely free-flowering variety, in frost-prone areas it's best over-wintered in a cool greenhouse.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.