Eventual height & spread
Galanthus nivalis f. pleniflorus 'Flore Pleno'
double snowdrop - in the green
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from winter 2020
- 9cm pot 4 bulbs
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: January and February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dainty, double, pure white, pear-shaped flowers with green-tipped inner petals in January and February and narrow, grey-green leaves. These delightful double snowdrops are ideal for naturalising in the border under deciduous trees and shrubs. Buying snowdrop bulbs 'in the green' is a great way to stop them getting dehydrated. Basically, the bulbs have been potted up in the autumn, and while they will be showing some signs of top growth, they are unlikely to show any significant root growth. They should however be planted out as soon as possible into well-drained, moisture-retentive, humus-rich soil.
- Garden care: Plant pots in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) on arrival. Where pots of bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the grass until after the leaves have died back.