XL Landscaping pack of bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 250 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position:sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist but well drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January and February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 4/5
It's hard not to love these wonderful bulbs for adding colour to the garden when little else is awake. The nodding white flowers have a small green marking on the inside of each tepal, are honey scented, and appear in late winter. They look particularly good planted in large drifts in grass where they will naturalise quite happily. Alternatively plant them up in clumps in the front of mixed borders, or into pots so they can be admired close up. Plant the bulbs as soon as possible after delivery to prevent the bulbs drying out.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs as soon as possible to prevent them drying out, in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the grass until after the leaves have died right back. Divide large colonies after flowering while the leaves are still green for use in other moist, well-drained areas.