- available to order from winter 2021
- 3 bulbs
- 9 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, soil that is reliably moist from spring to summer
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 14/16
This superb, late summer flowering, bulbous perennial puts on a wonderfully prolific display at a time when many others plants are well past their best. Each waxy, white flower dangles from the upright stem like a dainty, luminous bell, emitting a light but heady scent. A native of South Africa, they will be happiest in a sunny spot with moist but well-drained soil.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs at 30-60cm intervals in winter or early spring, with the tops of the bulbs just below the soil surface. In areas with severe winters, lift and pot up plants in late autumn and move to a frost-free place to overwinter or protect plants in situ with a deep, dry mulch. Keep relatively dry while dormant.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs