Geranium (Cinereum Group) 'Thumbling Hearts'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Veined lilac-pink flowers with a dark eye cover this low-growing perennial in late spring. It makes wonderful groundcover that will help suppress weeds towards the front of the border, or dot it in naturalised clumps through alpine screes.
- Garden care: Carefully weed by hand as hoeing can break rhizomes, which are very close to the surface. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.