Geranium himalayense 'Gravetye'
- within 2 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Violet-blue, saucer shaped flowers with red-tinged white centres, up to 7cm across, appear in early summer among distinctively veined, fern like, mid-green leaves. This exquisite cranesbill has a main flush of flowers in early to midsummer, but will then usually continue to flower intermittently into the autumn. It makes a very pretty groundcover plant and will even thrive in some shade.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.