Geranium × johnsonii 'Johnson's Blue'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May - August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Deep lavender-blue, saucer-shaped flowers appear in early summer among deeply divided, mid-green leaves. The loose clusters of lavender-blue flowers, become paler at the centre, look lovely weaving in and out of the front of a mixed border or at the base of flowering shrubs. This geranium rapidly forms a dense carpet of foliage, valuable for suppressing weeds, and if cut back after flowering, will usually produce a second flush of flowers later in the summer.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.