- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of Growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A useful geranium that will thrive even in damp or dry shade. This has small, deep maroon-black flowers in late spring to early summer, held high above the soft-green, deeply lobed leaves, which are often blotched with purple. It will quickly spread to form a hummock of foliage that is excellent for suppressing weeds. Use it in woodland, among ferns, at the edge of a border, where the dark flowers can be seen, or under deciduous trees.
- Garden care: In mid-summer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded by removing old flower stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.