Eventual height & spread
Geranium Rozanne ('Gerwat') (PBR)
RHS Chelsea Flower Show Plant of the Centenary
- Available in 4 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Winner of the RHS Plant of the Centenary at Chelsea Flower Show in 2013
Each lavender-blue, saucer-shaped flower grows up to 5cm across, and has a white eye with purple veining. A spreading form, it looks wonderful in naturalised planting schemes, where it provides fast-growing ground cover, and will flower from early summer to mid-autumn.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.