Geranium wallichianum 'Rise and Shine' (PBR)
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of white-eyed cobalt blue flowers, each laced with magenta-pink veins, top lush mounds of much-divided foliage from early summer until the first frosts. As the flowers age, they take on a rich pinkish hue, adding further interest throughout the season. Its low, spreading habit makes it ideal for the front of the border, or cascading over the edges of a pot.
- Garden care: Carefully weed by hand as hoeing can break rhizomes, which are very close to the surface. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.