Gladioli collection miniatures
- in stock
- 2+1 FREE collections
- in stock
- 1 collection
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need some winter protection)
In each collection you will receive 10 corms of each of the following cultivars.
- Gladiolus x colvillii 'The Bride' : (10 corms)Pure white star-like flowers open from the base of the upright spike from early summer, creating an elegant effect above the strap-shaped foliage. Their vertical silhouette will add structure to the herbaceous border, but they are equally happy in a good-sized pot on a sunny patio. The flowers excellent additions to a vase too.Grows to 60cm
- Gladiolus 'Nymph' : (10 corms)Several of the white petals that make up each flower have a distinctive cerise mark, which creates a pretty bi-coloured effect. Softer than the more formal gladioli, this pretty perennial looks very effective when threaded through a perennial border.Grows to 60cm
- Gladiolus 'Robinetta': (10 corms) Flowering earlier than many of the taller gladioli, 'Robinetta' produces clusters of magenta-pink flowers, each with paler markings, from early summer. Their soft structure makes them well suited to herbaceous borders, while their low-growing habit means they are quite happy in pots and containers.Grows to 45cm
- Garden care: Plant corms 10cm deep and 10 - 15cm apart, on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown and store the corms in a dry, frost-free place over winter.