Gladiolus for cutting collection
- 2+1 FREE collections
- 1 collection
- Standard £4.95
Buy the collection of 3 Gladiolus (15 of each variety) for £9.99 or buy 2 collections for £19.98 and get another collection FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
In each collection you will receive 15 corms of each of the following cultivars.
- Gladiolus Plum Tart: (15 corms) Perfect for adding colour to the late summer border, the majestic spires of this stunning perennial open from the base to reveal large, bright magenta coloured flowers, which have a soft velvety texture. Plant them in drifts through the herbaceous or cottage border, interspersing them with rich purple of soft pink coloured flowers. They also look spectacular when planted near silver foliage. Sought after by florists, the flowerspikes make spectacular additions to a large vase. Grows to 120cm.
- Gladiolus 'White Prosperity' : (15 corms) Larger than average white flowers create a showy display in the border from early summer, and make wonderful additions to the vase. The upright, sword-shaped foliage is also handsome, forming in distinctive basal fans. Grows to 90cm.
- Gladiolus 'Green Star': (15 corms) Showy upright spikes of lime green, ruffled flowers appear from midsummer, creating a vibrant contrast to rich shades of purple, plum and blue. A florists favourite, gladiolus make wonderful additions to fresh arrangements. Grows to 100cm.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 25cm apart on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown, dip the corms in fungicide and store in a dry, frost-free place over winter