Grevillea robusta 'Red Salento'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained soil neutral to acidic soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: mainly April to June, but it can flower off and on throughout the year
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Produces very showy, spidery clusters of bright-red flowers intermittently throughout the year, although the main flush appears in spring. The foliage is pretty too - slender and dark green on top, usually greyish beneath. If you have a sunny, sheltered spot with freely draining soil, then this will make a wonderful addition to your garden. It can easily be incorporated into Mediterranean style planting schemes, coastal gardens or sheltered shrub borders. It will also make a very decorative, informal hedge and birds will be attracted to its nectar-rich flowers.
- Garden care: It requires minimal pruning. In colder areas, grow it in a large pot filled with ericaceous compost so it can easily be moved to an unheated conservatory or greenhouse in winter. Avoid over-watering in winter.