Guzmania Hope ('Durahop') (PBR)
(shipped within 5-7 working days)
- 12cm pot - 45cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright filtered light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The striking scarlet flower head, with tips of the 'petals' dipped in white, grows from the centre of the plant. Lasting for many weeks before fading away, the vivid green foliage will continue to provide interest throughout the year. Often thought to be a difficult plant to grow because it looks so exotic, but really it is surprisingly easy to care for.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These plants like a constant warm temperature (a minimum of 15°C/59°F). As they feed through the leaves, mist the leaves regularly throughout the summer. Most importantly, don't overwater - let the soil dry out between watering. They are so easy to propagate - as the plant matures it will produce baby offsets which can be potted up into a special bromeliad compost. A great way to increase your collection of these unusual plants.