Hebe ochracea 'James Stirling'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor or moderately fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The golden, cypress-like foliage of this compact, evergreen shrub looks good all year, but is particularly handsome in the winter garden. It forms a neat pillow shape, which in summer is topped with small clusters of pretty white flowers. It's great for pots or alpine beds, and as it is tolerant of salty air, it also works well in a coastal setting. Plant it in generous drifts to create structual groundcover, or use it to line a path or border's edge.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring.