Hebe 'Silver Queen'
shruby veronica (syn. Hebe × franciscana Variegata )
- within 2 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well drained and fertile
- Flowering period: July - September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
This bushy evergreen shrub works really well in both pots and mixed borders. It forms a soft dome shape and has rich green leaves, which have a broad creamy yellow margin. This beautiful colouring looks wonderful beside most shades of purple as well as adding a softness to solid greens. The pinkish purple flowers are pretty too. They appear in midsummer in short spikes and continue with their show well into autumn.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring. Protect from severe winter weather.