Helianthus annuus 'Teddy Bear'
sunflower 'Teddy Bear'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 20 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June-October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A compact and bushy, well branched variety producing lots of double, uniquely soft-to-the touch blooms. A wonderfully charming and unusual addition to mixed beds and borders.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:Sow in a prepared seed bed in flowering position 2 seeds together with 30cm between pairs. Cover lightly with 1.5cm of soil. Firm gently and keep moist. Seedlings appear 14-21 days. Remove weaker seedlings leaving one per position. Seedlings removed can be transplanted 30cm apart.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 20 seeds.