- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bowl-shaped, pendent, pale green, flowers hang above leathery, prickly-edged, sea-green leaves from January to March. This popular, evergreen, Corsican hellebore makes an architectural statement in the middle of a mixed or shrub border. One of our recommended plants, the handsome foliage is a long-lasting source of interest after the flowers have passed.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn.