Hesperantha coccinea 'Alba'
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need protection in winter)
This wonderful, late flowering perennial is ideal for stretching colour in the border well into the autumn. Ideal for sunny, sheltered positions, they look wonderful when planted in generous swathes, and the elegant flowerspikes are excellent for cutting.
- Garden care: Apply lots of well-rotted garden compost or manure when planting. Water during dry spells and deadhead regularly. After flowering remove the faded flowerspikes and protect the crown of the plant with a deep, dry winter mulch. Lift and divide congested plants every two or three years in spring.