Heuchera 'Blondie' (PBR) (Little Cutie Series)
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist or well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Producing its creamy bell-shaped flowers over a long period from late spring or early summer, and having unusual caramel coloured foliage that takes on rich burgundy, orange and green undertones as the seasons change, this little gem is ideal for jazzing up pots or filling gaps at the front of the border.
- Garden care: Heucheras do not like dry soil. Remove tatty foliage in autumn. Lift and divide clumps every couple of years in early autumn and replant with the crown just above the surface of the soil. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the crown of the plant in spring.