Eventual height & spread
white-striped Cretan brake ( syn. Pteris cretica Albolineata )
- available to order from spring 2021
- 12cm pot - 30cm tall
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a standard plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist (but not waterlogged) at all times, but this can be cut back a little in winter, and place in a bright spot away from direct sunlight. These ferns love a humid atmosphere, so mist the leaves regularly with water and/or place the pot on pebbles in a tray filled with water. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and avoid summer temperatures above 25°C. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.