Gift box of three cactus
cactus gift set
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- set of 3 -5.5cm pots
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Compost: specialist cacti compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot size: 5.5cm pot
We loved this boxed collection of cacti when we first saw it, and all wanted one of the plants for our desks. The three different varieties are all un-named, so it's a bit of a lucky dip as to what you will receive, but they are all super-cute, and ready to be lined up on a sunny windowsill. They are all currently housed in 5.5cm pots, and will arrive in a sturdy cardboard presentation box.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn cut back on the water and keep it almost dry throughout the winter - watering only if it starts to look a bit shrivelled. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost. You will find it easier to tackle if you concertina a sheet of newspaper and then fold this around the spines, leaving a 'tail' that you can use to lift the plant out of one pot and into another. Otherwise invest in some thorn-proof gloves!