wax plant / wax flower
- available to order from summer
- 14cm hanging pot
- Position: bright light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: Already in a hanging pot ready to hang
The slender stems of this shrubby climber, are laced with attractively freckled, fleshy green leaves, and if the plant gets enough light, it will also produce clusters of sweetly scented pink flowers.
- Home care: To encourage the formation of flower buds, try to position the plant where it will receive bright light - and even a little direct sun at either the beginning or end of the day. Throughout the summer you should always keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. In the colder months water less often, just giving it a good drink when the soil gets reasonably dry. Mist the leaves with water, especially if they are growing near central heating and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser at monthly intervals while the plant is actively growing. Maintain temperatures above 10C in winter.