Hindu rope plant / waxplant / wax flower
- available to order from autumn
- 14cm hanging pot
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: Already in a hanging pot ready to hang
Hailed as one of the easier hoyas to grow, the foliage of this handsome house plant is a rich green, but each leaf often has a fine brown edge. Then, given the right conditions, it may start to flower, producing scented clusters of burgundy-pink blooms on it's trailing stems. Please note however that it will not be sent out in bloom.
- Home care: To encourage the formation of flower buds, try to position the plant where it will receive bright light - and even a little direct sun at either the beginning or end of the day. Throughout the summer you should always keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. In the colder months water less often, just giving it a good drink when the soil gets reasonably dry. Mist the leaves with water, especially if they are growing near central heating and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser at monthly intervals while the plant is actively growing. Maintain temperatures above 10C in winter.