Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' (PBR)
- available to order from autumn
- 12lt pot (1-1.2m)
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This cultivar has dense clusters of long lasting flowers that emerge in mid summer lime green, fade to cream and finally turn shades of deep pink in autumn. The flowers are held upright on sturdy stems and the flowerheads are quite large, and range between 15-30cms long. They are deal for using in cut flower displays - both fresh and dried.
- Garden care: To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cut back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.