Hydrangea paniculata Sundae Fraise ('Rensun') (PBR)
- 2 litre pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 12 litre pot | 60 - 100cm tall
- shipped within 4-6 weeks
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A new compact form of the very popular Vanille Fraise is sure to be a winner. Loose pyramid-shaped clusters of flowers form at the tips of red-stemmed branches in summer. They emerge creamy-white and turn shades of pink as they age, before finally taking on rich red and russet tones. Perfect for adding late summer colour to the shrub border, or for creating an informal, flowering hedge.
- Garden care: To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cutting back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
- Humans: Skin allergen; Pets: Harmful if eaten