Ilex aquifolium 'Silver Queen'
English holly (male)
- available to order from late autumn
- 3 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Spiny, lustrous, dark green leaves with broad, creamy-white margins on dark purple stems. Contrary to expectations this slow-growing, variegated, evergreen holly is a 'male' variety that doesn't produce any berries. An attractive specimen tree for small, sunny gardens, particularly those in urban or coastal areas.