Sansevieria masoniana 'Victoria'
mother-in-law's tongue 'Victoria'
- available to order from spring
- 17cm pot - 60cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: ideally bright, with some full sun, but will also tolerate shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 60cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose an 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
When we first saw this amazing mother-in-law's tongue, we just had to add it to our range. It has such a strong structural feel, which makes it perfect for both contemporary and more traditional settings - and being so easy to grow, it is also perfect for the novice. The plant currently only has just one leaf (but oh, what a leaf!), so if you like the minimalist look, or want something to anchor your more 'fluffy' indoor plants, then this is unbeatable.
The pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot), but they do make excellent potted plants. If you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
Please note: it is quite common for these plants to have small nicks or scars on their leaves. This does not affect their long-term health or vigour in any way.
- Home care: The main thing to avoid with this plant is overwatering, so only water (avoiding the crown) when the compost gets quite dry. In winter you can cut back even more and only water every month or two and keep temperatures above 10°C. Repot every few years when the roots start to split the pot.
- Pets: Harmful if eaten
Goes well with
small Ø14 × H14cm
(shipped in 2-3 working days)