Iris 'Katharine Hodgkin' (Reticulata)
- 10 × bulbs
- sold out
- 9cm pot | 3 per pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 6
The great attributes of this plant have been recognised by the Royal Horticultural Society with their Award of Garden Merit. The flowers are breathtakingly intricate. Each bloom has a creamy-yellow base, overlaid with sky blue and a deep yellow centre, with green flecks and spots. These appear in January to February so they are up at the same time as the crocuses. They make excellent container and rock garden flowers.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 5cm deep in the autumn in a sunny spot in well-drained soil. Water moderately while they are actively growing and keep reasonably dry during their dormant period.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten