Iris 'Pauline' (Reticulata) - potted bulbs
iris - potted bulbs
- available to order from winter
- 9cm pot (3 per pot)
This bulb dies back after flowering each year and enters a period of rest ahead of regrowth the following season.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A deeper coloured reticulata variety with vibrant dark aubergine to purple-mauve blooms. 'Pauline' appears between January and March, up at the same time as crocus, and makes an excellent container and rock garden Iris. They will also look very sweet when popping up at the front of a sunny border.
- Garden care: Grow in a sunny spot with well-drained soil. Water moderately while they are actively growing and keep reasonably dry during their dormant period.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten