Iris 'Pauline' (Reticulata)
- available to order from autumn
- 25 bulbs
- 75 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/-
Providing a bright splash of colour in late winter and early spring, often when there is little else in bloom, these low-growing iris are valuable additions to pots, windowboxes, alpine beds and rockeries. They will also look very sweet when popping up at the front of a sunny border.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 5cm deep and 5-10cm apart in the autumn, in a sunny spot with well-drained soil. Water moderately while they are actively growing and keep reasonably dry during their dormant period.
- Harmful if eaten