yellow flag iris
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Depth of water: 5-25cm (2-10in)
- Soil: reliably moist or boggy soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Sulphur yellow flowers, often with brown markings, appear from midsummer amongst the upright grey-green leaves. This native, yellow flag iris was once commonly found on marshy land and riversides and is ideal for planting at the margins of a large lake or pool. It also flourishes in deep, reliably moist soil that has been enriched with well-rotted organic matter.
- Garden care: Plant out in reliably moist soil, or pot up into a pond basket and place at the margins of a pond.
- Harmful if eaten