Dutch iris bulbs ( syn Eye of the Tiger )
- available to order from summer 2018
- 20 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral or alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 6/7
Narrow standards rise above the heavily-veined bronze-maroon falls, each of which have a yellow eye, forming magnificent flowers that top the upright stems from late spring to early summer. It looks wonderful when planted in drifts through the border, or when allowed to form larger clumps in naturalised planting schemes. The flowers will last well after being cut too.
- Garden care: Plant 10cm deep and 10cm apart in naturalistic drifts in September or October in a well-drained, sunny site.