Juniperus horizontalis 'Golden Carpet'
creeping juniper Golden Carpet
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The young foliage of this impressive ground-covering evergreen offers a luminous splash of colour that will help liven up larger borders or steep banks. Flourishing in a wide range of soils (including chalk), it is very easy to grow, and it will become tolerant of drought once established. It looks attractive throughout the year, and when the temperatures start to dip in winter, the foliage usually takes on gold and orange undertones.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning - remove any misplaced or diseased branches in late autumn.