Kokodama: Rhipsalis baccifera
kokodama mistletoe cactus ( Rhipsalis cassutha )
- in stock
- 15cm kokodama
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (including pot)
Slender succulent stems form a hair-like shaggy hummock that will cascade over the sides of a pot or hanging basket. This unique plant may produce mistletoe-like berries when mature, but it is for the fab foliage that it is best-loved. The plant is supplied in a rounded kokodama coir pot that is cradled in a string hammock, so it's ready to hang up as soon as it is unpacked from the box. Ideal present for both the novice and a more experienced indoor gardener.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C. Repot each year.