Lamium maculatum 'Beacon Silver'
- Available in 4 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained garden soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delicate silver leaves, narrowly edged in green give this lamium an ethereal quality. It quickly forms a silvery carpet of foliage with whorls of long-lasting, nettle-like, magenta flowers in late spring and early summer. A beautiful groundcover plant that will light up the base of deciduous or even evergreen shrubs and trees. It prefers partial shade, and once established, will even flourish in difficult areas of dry shade.
- Garden care: If you are growing this in dry shade, keep it well watered until it is established. After it has finished flowering, remove the faded flower heads to encourage fresh new foliage. Lift and divide large clumps in late autumn or early spring.