Lathyrus odoratus 'King Edward VII'
Lathyrus odoratus King Edward VII
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 25 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May-October
- Hardiness: hardy annual
An intensely fragrant heirloom variety with good heat resistance for longer flowering. Ideal for climbing over any support in a sunny location. Great for cut flowers.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:From October to late February, sow seeds into deep pots or root trainers filled with a good-quality seed compost and place them in a cold frame. Pinch out the tips as the plants grow to encourage them to become bushier and produce more flowers, and harden off before planting out in early April. Direct sowings can also be made in October or March-April. It is important to remove the faded flowers before they set seed, so picking them to fill a vase inside will only encourage more to form.
- Sow: January -May, September - October
- Flowering: May-October
- Approximate quantity: 25 seeds.