Sweet peas in a gift bucket
Sweet pea gift set
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- gift set
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
This is a great little gift set that includes everything you will need to grow your own crop of sweet peas. These much-loved annual climbers produce their (often highly scented) flowers in summer, and if these are picked regularly for the vase, it will encourage even more to form.
- Indoor growing instructions: Prior to sowing, soak the seeds in water for 24 hours (indoors) as this aids germination. Fill 80% of the planter with compost and moisten. Scatter seeds evenly on the surface and cover with a very thin layer of compost and moisten. Move to a warm well lit area; a windowsill is ideal but full sunshine will dry out the compost rapidly. The compost must be kept moist at all times. Seeds will germinate aftre approximately 3-4 weeks. Plants will flower after approximately 12 weeks from sowing. Turn occasionally as the flowers will grow towards the light. Remove dead flowers regularly. After purchase store in a cool dry place.
- Contents: Miniature Sweetheart Mix Sweet pea seeds & compost.