bay laurel (kitchen bay)
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 15cm pot - 50cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Shown above with optional gift wrap, which can be added during the checkout process.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
These evergreen bay laurel pyramids are ideal for punctuating a formal or contemporary planting scheme. Since the lustrous, aromatic, dark green leaves, valuable for culinary use, are susceptible to wind scorch provide a sheltered, sunny or partially shady site and winter protection in cold areas.
Supplied in a nursery pot, they are ideal for potting into a terracotta pot or wooden planter to stand on the patio or beside the door.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season and feed with a slow-release fertiliser such as Scotts Controlled Release Tablets. Clip established plants lightly twice during the summer months to retain a balanced shape, using secateurs not shears.
Please note the height specified is the overall height of the plant on arrival including the pot.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten