bay laurel (pyramid)
(shipped in 2-4 working days)
- 20cm pot - 80cm tall
- Next / named day
- Shown above with optional gift wrap, which can be added during the checkout process. If not gift wrapped, plants will be supplied in simple nursery pots, suitable for potting into terracotta pots or wooden planters. Sold individually.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
These evergreen bay laurel pyramids are ideal for punctuating a formal or contemporary planting scheme. Since the lustrous, aromatic, dark green leaves, valuable for culinary use, are susceptible to wind scorch provide a sheltered, sunny or partially shady site and winter protection in cold areas. The mature leaves may be used fresh or dried in bouquet garni, for flavouring stocks and sauces.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season and feed with a slow-release fertiliser. Clip established plants lightly twice during the summer months to retain a balanced shape, using secateurs not shears.
Please note the height specified is the overall height of the plant on arrival including the pot.