Lavandula angustifolia 'Rosea'
- 6 × 9cm pots
- available to order from spring 2018
- 9cm pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense spikes of fragrant, rose-pink flowers appear in summer above slender, steely, grey-green foliage. It makes a gorgeous, flowering, informal hedge, especially along a path, where its fragrance can be appreciated. It also works well in a gravel garden, or clipped into a formal sphere for a contemporary look. The cloud-like effect of its soft pink flowers means it looks particularly good with roses, or as part of a cottage garden scheme. The flower-spikes are highly attractive to bees and other beneficial insects.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.