Lavandula stoechas Fairy Wings Pink (Fw Radiance')
- 3 × 9cm pots
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
flowers, which appear from late spring to mid- or even late summer, this new lavender is ideal for patio pots - or creating low hedges in milder areas. The flowers are sought after by pollinating insects, and they will look very pretty when cut added to a posy.
- Garden care: Potted plants should be moved to an unheated greenhouse or conservatory during the winter months. Remove the flower stems after the blooms have faded to retain a compact shape, and then carefully trim back the previous years growth in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.