- available to order from winter
- 18cm hanging pot
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang or choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This spine-free cactus is usually found growing in the crooks of tree branches in the Bolivian forest, but they also make interesting and handsome house plants. They form a mass of flattened, fleshy stems, that look great spilling over the edges of a pot, and provided they get a good amount of light, they are very easy to look after. In optimum conditions, it may also produce pink or white flowers along the stem.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn and winter cut back on the watering but do not let it dry out completely. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost.
Please note: all our indoor hanging pots include drainage holes to prevent waterlogging. We recommend taking them down to water in the sinkor on a saucer, and leaving them to drain before rehanging.