Ligustrum ovalifolium 'Aureum'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Oversized £7.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense clusters of white flowers in July and August followed by shiny, spherical, black fruit and oval, yellow-margined, rich-green leaves. This vigorous, versatile, golden privet will happily grow in any well-drained soil. It makes an attractive hedge for a sunny urban or suburban site, retaining its leaves in all but the coldest winters.
To find out more about how to plant a hedge, click here
- Garden care: Plants grown as free-standing specimens require minimal pruning - where necessary remove any misplaced or diseased branches in late winter or early spring. Trim hedging plants twice yearly - in May and August. After pruning apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten