Lobelia erinus 'Cascade Series'
trailing lobelia ( syn. Cascade Blue )
- shipped within 2 weeks
- approx 2500 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June-October
- Hardiness: tender (needs frost protection)
A mass of vivid little blue flowers appear profusely over a long season. The vigorous, trailing plants are the perfect choice for container and basket displays.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: Sow in trays of seed compost, do not cover seed with compost. Firm gently and keep moist. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid. Keep at approx. 15-20C. Seedlings appear 14-21 days. Remove cover when seedlings appear. Do not overwater at seedling stage. When large enough transplant little clumps of seedlings 5cm apart in trays. Grow on at approx. 10-15C. Gradually acclimatise plants to outside conditions late May (avoid frosts). Transplant 20cm apart in flowering position. Keep moist and weed free. Trim back after flowering to encourage a second flush of colour.
- Sow: Janruary-April
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity 2500