- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 lt pot (40cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A striking new cultivar, it produces large clusters of intense orange-red flowers, each with a golden yellow throat in a big flush in early summer and then intermittently over the next few months. The deciduous foliage emerges each spring with a bronze flush, but soon turns to a lush shade of green which provides a super backdrop to the showy flowers. An easy to grow climber, the flowers are spectacular, but unfortunately they are not scented.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.